Suggestions for Exercises - Lesson 14
Exercise 14.2 - Kings
- King of Cups: I would sit down with my spouse to discuss his/her concerns. -- (caring)
- King of Pentacles: I would give him five dollars. He probably needs it more than I do. -- (supporting)
- King of Swords: I would ask my daughter for her story before making any judgments. -- (just)
- King of Wands: I would booby trap my car so an alarm goes off if my roommate starts it. -- (creative)
- King of Pentacles: I would tell my friend "Sorry, they need me at work." -- (reliable)
- King of Swords: I would accept the invitation because I'm an excellent public speaker. -- (articulate)
- King of Cups: I would smile and patiently give my order a third time. -- (patient)
- King of Wands: I would call a huddle and get everyone fired up again. -- (inspiring)
Exercise 14.3 - Queens
- Queen of Cups: My cousin is going to need extra love and support. -- (loving)
- Queen of Pentacles: I can figure out a way to get the keys if I put my mind to it. -- (resourceful)
- Queen of Swords: What's the real reason I was given this hopeless project? -- (astute)
- Queen of Wands: I'll have extra energy when I lose weight. -- (energetic)
- Queen of Pentacles: I'll keep this secret since my friend entrusted me with it. -- (trustworthy)
- Queen of Swords: I'll be open and honest in this interview so there are no misunderstandings. -- (honest)
- Queen of Cups: I can use this time to meditate and recenter myself. -- (spiritual)
- Queen of Wands: I know I can make new friends easily. -- (self-assured)
Exercise 14.4 - Knights
- Knight of Cups: You're too sulky. You're oversensitive. Your emotions are ruling you.
- Knight of Wands: You're boasting. Bragging doesn't impress. You're too focused on appearances.
- Knight of Pentacles: You're too cautious. You're settling for less. You're afraid to risk.
- Knight of Wands: You act without thinking. You're too angry. You're adding to the fighting.
- Knight of Swords: You're too blunt. You're too critical. People have feelings.
- Knight of Cups: You're too jealous. You're overemotional. You're imagining things.
- Knight of Swords: You're too domineering. You're insensitive. Your son isn't your slave.
- Knight of Pentacles: You're too stubborn. You won't compromise. You're afraid to change.
Exercise 14.8 - Court Cards in Action
Two interpretations are given for each card. Bold phrases are card meanings. Italic phrases are position meanings.
- Knight of Swords - Position 5
- My father-in-law is too critical and overbearing. He's all I can think about right now.
- My preference is to tell my father-in-law exactly what I think of his interference...to really tell him off!
King of Wands - Position 9
- The key is to recognize that my father-in-law is used to being the center of attention.
- The best way for me to proceed is to project my own authority naturally.
- Queen of Cups - Position 6
- A salesperson who is patient and caring may show up in the near future.
- The purchase may go more smoothly in the future if I let my intuition guide me.
King of Swords - Position 7
- I can be successful if I follow the model of the King of Swords - research the facts so I know what I'm talking about.
- If I take a stance that is honest, the car dealership may do likewise.
- Queen of Pentacles - Position 1
- This situation revolves around the talents of the Queen of Pentacles: to give love and care to children.
- The heart of the matter is that I need to be loyal and trustworthy.
Page of Cups - Position 2
- A secondary factor is that this situation is an opportunity to make a loving, thoughtful gesture for a friend.
- The kids (Pages) may surprise me by being sweet and loving.
- Queen of Wands - Position 4
- I've met someone who is sexy and attractive, but I need to stop focusing on that right now.
- This situation is risky, but in the past, I've always been able to handle just about anything.
Knight of Cups - Position 8
- I must be careful because I'm caught up in an atmosphere of romance that may overwhelm my better judgment.
- This person has just been through an emotional breakup and will be extra vulnerable and needy.
- Knight of Pentacles - Position 10
- My body is telling me that I am going to have to be extra cautious.
- Even if I avoid this problem now, I will eventually have to be realistic about it.
Page of Swords - Position 3
- The source of the problem is that I need to face the truth about my health.
- Fundamentally, this situation is a challenge that I must meet with fortitude and resolve.
- Knight of Wands - Position 2
- I must keep an eye on my boss who is brash and nervy; he could oppose me in this situation.
- I need to reinforce myself with an extra dose of confidence.
King of Pentacles - Position 9
- My hope is that my idea will work and make money for the company.
- I need to find someone I can turn to for reliable information on handling this situation competently.
- Queen of Swords - Position 3
- I probably have an unrecognized need; I must face what needs to be faced, even if unpleasant.
- The deeper reason why I'm dissatisfied is that I'm beginning to see through the false promises of my old way of life.
Page of Wands - Position 7
- I've lost my my sense of adventure; I want to feel passionate about life again.
- My high-energy, creative persona may not be serving me any longer.
- Page of Pentacles - Position 8
- My friend expects me to be the one he can always count on.
- The context of this situation is a practical, money matter.
King of Cups - Position 1
- The most important consideration is to help a friend in need.
- It's crucial that I make a wise decision about what to do.
Exercises for Lesson 14
[ Home ]
[ Course ]
[ Cards ]
[ Store ]
[ Order ]
Copyright © 1995-2002 by Joan Bunning