Suggestions for Exercises - Lesson 17
Exercise 17.2 - Interpreting Reversed Cards
- Three of Wands - reversed
I'm in a rut. I rarely break out of my normal routine to seek new experiences.
- Chariot - reversed
My desire to get my own way is being thwarted, but my win at work will mean little if my family is unhappy.
- Ace of Swords - reversed
I don't feel like getting too involved in this cause.
- Tower - reversed
There is a small chance my run of good fortune could end suddenly.
- Knight of Swords - reversed
My cousin is a great talker, but he's not that knowledgeable about the technical aspects of this field.
- Four of Cups - reversed
I'm beginning to lose interest in this relationship. I feel a small, but growing urge to withdraw.
- Six of Pentacles - reversed
I'm not sure I have enough physical and emotional resources to support my daughter through this crisis in my home.
- Page of Cups - reversed
My feelings of love and tenderness for my baby are begin drowned out by my need for sleep!
- Temperance - reversed
I'm pretty low on patience right now. I'm tempted to take drastic action.
- Death - reversed
An important inner change is struggling to happen, but my fears are blocking it.
Exercise 17.3 - Upside-Down Meanings
The effect of the reversal is in italics.
- Justice - reversed
- This verdict is crazy! Justice has been turned on its head.
- This decision has tipped the scales against me. (See image.)
- Page of Swords - reversed
- This child is so contrary. She defies me at every turn!
- These results are illogical - the opposite of what we expected.
- Hanged Man - reversed
- I don't know if I'm up or down. Nothing is the way it seems.
- I sacrificed everything, but look at me now! I'm back on my feet. (See image.)
- Four of Wands - reversed
- The celebration wasn't what I expected. It turned sour on me.
- I mustn't get too excited. I've got to play it cool.
- Ace of Pentacles - reversed
- I can't seem to hold onto my money. It just slips through my fingers. (See image.)
- I don't feel stable. The ground keeps shifting under me.
- Knight of Cups - reversed
- One day I'm up, the next day I'm down. These mood swings are difficult.
- I pretend I don't have strong feelings, but I do.
- Six of Swords - reversed
- This "boat" is going to capsize. (See image.)
- I refuse to stay depressed. I'm going to have some fun.
- Hierophant - reversed
- I'm dropping out of school.
- I don't see my religion the same way anymore.
Three of Pentacles - reversed
- The team's reversed direction.
- I'm not going to plan. I'm just going to be spontaneous.
Exercises for Lesson 17
[ Home ]
[ Course ]
[ Cards ]
[ Store ]
[ Order ]
Copyright © 1995-2002 by Joan Bunning