Here below is a technique adapted from the ceremonial magick order The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn which teaches how to harmonize with the magickal element Air. This helps to become aware of and be in control of this element in our daily lives.
1) Each of the four elements have aspects of temperature - cool or warm - and humidity - dry or moist. Air has the qualities of being warm and moist.
Observe those things around you that have the combined qualities of warmth and moistness. All the elemental qualities are relative. Steam is a form of Air, and it has much more moisture and warmth that does the vapor from dry ice. However, that cold vapor from the dry ice also has Air within it. See if you can determine the relative Airy qualities as you experience them. Take your time as you make a list of all these things; do this for one week.
2) Find a spot where you can be alone. Take with you an outdoor reclining lounger or folding chair. The idea is to be elevated above the ground and have as much of the physical air surrounding your body as possible. Remove all of your clothing and lie on the lounger or sit in the chair. If you can't find a place where this is possible, wear as little clothing as you can.
Begin by doing the Relaxation Ritual. Next, become very aware of your breath. Become aware of the slow in-and-out motion of the physical air. Notice the way the air feels as it comes in through your nose, goes down your air pipe and into your lungs. Sense or imagine the interchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide within your lungs, and feel the CO2 laden air as it goes out of your lungs, through your air pipe and out your nose and mouth.
Now imagine that your entire body is nothing but a large breathing apparatus. Imagine that every part of your body has only the function of breathing. Further, visualize that your skin is part of this system. As you physically breathe, imagine that every pore of your skin is also breathing. However, just as your lungs breathe in physical air, your pores should be breathing in elemental Air. Feel it going in and out of you, cleansing and purifying your entire body.
Try this at different times of the day and if possible, at different locations. Air is the second most changeable of the elements and you can experience it in many different ways. Do this daily for at least a week.
3) Spend up to three minutes once a day imagining that you are the element Air. Feel the lightness, the floating giddiness, the warmth and moisture of Air. Feel how physical things don't seem to matter and learn the true meaning of the term "airhead". This isn't said in jest, but in all seriousness. Become Air.
Do this for one week only. Don't repeat it for at least a month and don't repeat it more often than one week at a time. Otherwise, you may absorb too much Air: having trouble finishing your normal work, acting like an actual "airhead". If you do, Step 3 from Becoming One with Earth will help overcome the problem in a day or two.
4) One you've learned how to "be Air", the next step is to take greater conscious control of Air. Take a moment and imagine yourself to be Air. Bring the feeling from Step 3 into your consciousness. Next, hold your hands 9 to 12 inches apart, palms facing each other. Visualize a bottle or box between your hands. Inhale. As you exhale, visualize all of the Air element which is in you going out with your breath and into the container between your hands. Three to five breaths is usually enough to fill it. Then, with three breaths, inhale it back into yourself and go back to normal consciousness.
5) This will allow you to see whether or not you really have become not only in harmony with Air, but also if you are able to control the element.
The next time you feel heavy, bloated, slow or lazy (which are signs of a shortage in yourself of Air), form your Air container as in Step 4. Then, with one big inhalation, draw the contents of the container back into you. Within five minutes you should feel relaxed and refreshed, lighter and anxious to do those tasks you wish to do.
The next time you feel lightheaded, giddy, overly silly, unstable, etc. (which are signs of excess in yourself of Air), again form your Air container; only this time, visualize a large hole in the ground and drop the container into that hole. Quickly see the hole close. You should feel grounded and more balanced in a few minutes, but you may have to repeat this up to three times to feel completely normal.