The Holy Bible - The New King James Version - John
Sorry - Audio recording/editing still in progress.
Please be patient
while we catch up with you.
- Now on the first day of the week Mary Magdalene went to the tomb early,
while it was still dark, and saw that the stone had been taken away from the
- Then she ran and came to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple, whom
Jesus loved, and said to them, "They have taken away the Lord out of the tomb,
and we do not know where they have laid Him."
- Peter therefore went out, and the other disciple, and were going to the
- So they both ran together, and the other disciple outran Peter and came to
the tomb first.
- And he, stooping down and looking in, saw the linen cloths lying there;
yet he did not go in.
- Then Simon Peter came, following him, and went into the tomb; and he saw
the linen cloths lying there,
- And the handkerchief that had been around His head, not lying with the
linen cloths, but folded together in a place by itself.
- Then the other disciple, who came to the tomb first, went in also; and he
saw and believed.
- For as yet they did not know the Scripture, that He must rise again from
- Then the disciples went away again to their own homes.
- But Mary stood outside by the tomb weeping, and as she wept she stooped
down and looked into the tomb.
- And she saw two angels in white sitting, one at the head and the other at
the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.
- Then they said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping?" She said to them,
"Because they have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid
- Now when she had said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing
there, and did not know that it was Jesus.
- Jesus said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?"
She, supposing Him to be the gardener, said to Him, "Sir, if You have carried
Him away, tell me where You have laid Him, and I will take Him away."
- Jesus said to her, "Mary!" She turned and said to Him, "Rabboni!" (which
is to say, Teacher).
- Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My
Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father
and your Father, and to My God and your God.' "
- Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and
that He had spoken these things to her.
- Then, the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the
doors were shut where the disciples were assembled, for fear of the Jews,
Jesus came and stood in the midst, and said to them, "Peace be with you."
- When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His side. Then the
disciples were glad when they saw the Lord.
- So Jesus said to them again, "Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I
also send you."
- And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, "Receive
the Holy Spirit.
- If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the
sins of any, they are retained."
- Now Thomas, called the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when
- The other disciples therefore said to him, "We have seen the Lord." So he
said to them, "Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my
finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not
- And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with
them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said,
"Peace to you!"
- Then He said to Thomas, "Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and
reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but
- And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"
- Jesus said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed.
Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."
- And truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples,
which are not written in this book;
- But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the
Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.
Back to BRI homepage
Back to TIM Audio