The Holy Bible - The New King James Version - John
Sorry - Audio recording/editing still in progress.
Please be patient
while we catch up with you.
- After these things Jesus walked in Galilee; for He did not want to walk in
Judea, because the Jews sought to kill Him.
- Now the Jews' Feast of Tabernacles was at hand.
- His brothers therefore said to Him, "Depart from here and go into Judea,
that Your disciples also may see the works that You are doing.
- For no one does anything in secret while he himself seeks to be known
openly. If You do these things, show Yourself to the world."
- For even His brothers did not believe in Him.
- Then Jesus said to them, "My time has not yet come, but your time is
- The world cannot hate you, but it hates Me because I testify of it that
its works are evil.
- You go up to this feast. I am not yet going up to this feast, for My time
has not yet fully come."
- When He had said these things to them, He remained in Galilee.
- But when His brothers had gone up, then He also went up to the feast, not
openly, but as it were in secret.
- Then the Jews sought Him at the feast, and said, "Where is He?"
- And there was much complaining among the people concerning Him. Some said,
"He is good"; others said, "No, on the contrary, He deceives the people."
- However, no one spoke openly of Him for fear of the Jews.
- Now about the middle of the feast Jesus went up into the temple and
- And the Jews marveled, saying, "How does this Man know letters, having
- Jesus answered them and said, "My doctrine is not Mine, but His who sent
- If anyone wants to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine,
whether it is from God or whether I speak on My own authority.
- He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who seeks the glory
of the One who sent Him is true, and no unrighteousness is in Him.
- Did not Moses give you the law, yet none of you keeps the law? Why do you
seek to kill Me?"
- The people answered and said, "You have a demon. Who is seeking to kill
- Jesus answered and said to them, "I did one work, and you all marvel.
- Moses therefore gave you circumcision (not that it is from Moses, but from
the fathers), and you circumcise a man on the Sabbath.
- If a man receives circumcision on the Sabbath, so that the law of Moses
should not be broken, are you angry with Me because I made a man completely
well on the Sabbath?
- Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment."
- Now some of them from Jerusalem said, "Is this not He whom they seek to
- But look! He speaks boldly, and they say nothing to Him. Do the rulers
know indeed that this is truly the Christ?
- However, we know where this Man is from; but when the Christ comes, no one
knows where He is from."
- Then Jesus cried out, as He taught in the temple, saying, "You both know
Me, and you know where I am from; and I have not come of Myself, but He who
sent Me is true, whom you do not know.
- But I know Him, for I am from Him, and He sent Me."
- Therefore they sought to take Him; but no one laid a hand on Him, because
His hour had not yet come.
- And many of the people believed in Him, and said, "When the Christ comes,
will He do more signs than these which this Man has done?"
- The Pharisees heard the crowd murmuring these things concerning Him, and
the Pharisees and the chief priests sent officers to take Him.
- Then Jesus said to them, "I shall be with you a little while longer, and
then I go to Him who sent Me.
- You will seek Me and not find Me, and where I am you cannot come."
- Then the Jews said among themselves, "Where does He intend to go that we
shall not find Him? Does He intend to go to the Dispersion among the Greeks
and teach the Greeks?
- What is this thing that He said, 'You will seek Me and not find Me, and
where I am you cannot come'?"
- On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out,
saying, "If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink.
- He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will
flow rivers of living water."
- But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would
receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet
- Therefore many from the crowd, when they heard this saying, said, "Truly
this is the Prophet."
- Others said, "This is the Christ." But some said, "Will the Christ come
out of Galilee?
- Has not the Scripture said that the Christ comes from the seed of David
and from the town of Bethlehem, where David was?"
- So there was a division among the people because of Him.
- Now some of them wanted to take Him, but no one laid hands on Him.
- Then the officers came to the chief priests and Pharisees, who said to
them, "Why have you not brought Him?"
- The officers answered, "No man ever spoke like this Man!"
- Then the Pharisees answered them, "Are you also deceived?
- Have any of the rulers or the Pharisees believed in Him?
- But this crowd that does not know the law is accursed."
- Nicodemus (he who came to Jesus by night, being one of them) said to them,
- "Does our law judge a man before it hears him and knows what he is doing?"
- They answered and said to him, "Are you also from Galilee? Search and
look, for no prophet has arisen out of Galilee."
- And everyone went to his own house.
Back to BRI homepage
Back to TIM Audio