The Holy Bible - The New King James Version -
- Now after the Sabbath, as the first day of the week began to dawn, Mary
Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the tomb.
- And behold, there was a great earthquake; for an angel of the Lord
descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and
sat on it.
- His countenance was like lightning, and his clothing as white as snow.
- And the guards shook for fear of him, and became like dead men.
- But the angel answered and said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I
know that you seek Jesus who was crucified.
- He is not here; for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the
- And go quickly and tell His disciples that He is risen from the dead, and
indeed He is going before you into Galilee; there you will see Him. Behold, I
have told you."
- So they went out quickly from the tomb with fear and great joy, and ran to
bring His disciples word.
- And as they went to tell His disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying,
"Rejoice!" So they came and held Him by the feet and worshiped Him.
- Then Jesus said to them, "Do not be afraid. Go and tell My brethren to go
to Galilee, and there they will see Me."
- Now while they were going, behold, some of the guard came into the city
and reported to the chief priests all the things that had happened.
- When they had assembled with the elders and consulted together, they gave
a large sum of money to the soldiers,
- Saying, "Tell them, 'His disciples came at night and stole Him away while
- And if this comes to the governor's ears, we will appease him and make you
- So they took the money and did as they were instructed; and this saying is
commonly reported among the Jews until this day.
- Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, to the mountain which
Jesus had appointed for them.
- When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some doubted.
- And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to
Me in heaven and on earth.
- Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the
name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
- Teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you and lo, I am
with you always even to the end of the age. Amen.
Back to BRI homepage
Back to TIM Audio