The Holy Bible - The New King James Version -
- In those days John the Baptist came preaching in the wilderness of Judea,
- And saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand!"
- For this is he who was spoken of by the prophet Isaiah, saying: "The voice
of one crying in the wilderness: 'Prepare the way of the LORD; Make His paths
- And John himself was clothed in camel's hair, with a leather belt around
his waist; and his food was locusts and wild honey.
- Then Jerusalem, all Judea, and all the region around the Jordan went out
- And were baptized by him in the Jordan, confessing their sins.
- But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to his baptism,
he said to them, "Brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to
- Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance,
- And do not think to say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father.'
For I say to you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these
- And even now the ax is laid to the root of the trees. Therefore every tree
which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
- I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming
after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will
baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.
- His winnowing fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clean out His
threshing floor, and gather His wheat into the barn; but He will burn up the
chaff with unquenchable fire."
- Then Jesus came from Galilee to John at the Jordan to be baptized by him.
- And John tried to prevent Him, saying, "I need to be baptized by You, and
are You coming to me?"
- But Jesus answered and said to him, "Permit it to be so now, for thus it
is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness." Then he allowed Him.
- When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and
behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God
descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.
- And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, "This is My beloved Son, in
whom I am well pleased."
Back to BRI homepage
Back to TIM Audio