Then, again, an offering of the various aspects of the offering (the seven different types of offering, or the seven bowl offering) is made to Green Tara and the deities. Briefly, these offerings are:
1. Argham (Chod yon) — Pure stream water gathered from the
2. Padhyam (Shab sil) — Water especially dedicated to
cleansing an object
3. Pushpe (Me tog) — All of the offering flowers in the
universe, including the
4. Dhuppe (Dug po) — All of the finest incense in the universe.
5. Aloke (Mar me) — All natural lights (the sun, the moon
and all moons,
6. Gendhe (Dri chab) — All pleasant fragrances, including
perfumes that are
7. Nivide (Shalse) — All nutritious and pleasing food,
There are various aspects to the offering, there are different types of offering. There are the ordinary offerings of the seven types described above. There is also the offering of the Mandala.
The offering of the Mandala is where we offer the entire world, we offer everything, not just this earth, not just this planet, but the billions of worlds throughout the universe. We gather them together as an offering in which we hold nothing back and make the great Mandala offering.