Hail to the Teachings
MEDITATION ON GREEN TARA
I go for refuge to the Buddha,
I go for refuge to the Dharma,
I go for refuge to the Sangha. (3x)
Setting the Mind to Enlightenment
By virtue of giving and so forth,
may I become a Buddha for the benefit of all sentient beings. (3x)
May all sentient beings have equanimity, free from attachment, aggression
May they be happy, and have the causes for happiness.
May they be free from suffering and causes for suffering.
May they never be separated from the happiness that is free from suffering. (3x)
Respectfully I prostrate with body, speech and mind;
I present clouds of every type of offerings, actual and imagined;
I declare all the negative actions I have done since beginningless time,
and rejoice in the merit of all Aryas and ordinary beings.
Please teacher, remain until cyclic existence ends
and turn the wheel of Dharma for all sentient beings.
I dedicate the virtues of myself and others to the great Enlightenment.
Visualisation and Mantra Recitation
In the space before you, on a lotus and moondisc appears green Tara.
Her body is made of green light, transparent like a rainbow.
Her left leg is drawn up in lotus posture to symbolize control over desire.
Her right leg is extended, symbolising that she is ready to rise to the aid of all beings.
Her left hand is at her heart in the gesture of giving refuge: the palm facing outward, thumb & ring finger touching, the other fingers raised.
Her right hand is on her right knee, in the gesture of giving high realizations: the palm faces outwards, thumb & index finger touching, the other fingers pointing down.
Both hands hold a blue utpala flower.
She is very beautiful, dressed in celestial silks and smiles at you.
- Think of your problems, needs and aims and
request Tara's help from your heart.
- Then she shines white light from her forehead into your forehead, eliminating problems and negativities of your body, do some mantras: OM TARE TUTTARE TURE SOHA
- Next she shines red light from her throat into your throat, eliminating obstacles and negativities of your speech, do some mantras: OM TARE TUTTARE TURE SOHA
- Next she shines blue light from her heart into your heart, eliminating all obstacles and negativities of your mind, do some mantras: OM TARE TUTTARE TURE SOHA
- Try to feel you are now free from al hindrances and problems, and that you have received the inspiration and energy to accomplish your aims.
- Then Tara comes to the crown of your head, facing the same way as you.
- She dissolves into green light, which descends into your heart center.
- Your mind merges with Tara's' mind.
- Keep this feeling as long as possible.
By this virtue may I soon
reach a Guru-Buddha-state,
and lead each and every being
to that state of Buddhahood.
May the precious Bodhicitta
not yet born, arise and grow
may that born have no decline
but increase forever more.
Page | ^Top
of Page |
New on April 9, 2001