The Holy Bible - The New King James Version - John
Sorry - Audio recording/editing still in progress.
Please be patient
while we catch up with you.
- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was
- He was in the beginning with God.
- All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that
- In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
- And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend
- There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
- This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all
through him might believe.
- He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
- That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the
- He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did
not know Him.
- He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him.
- But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children
of God, to those who believe in His name:
- Who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will
of man, but of God.
- And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the
glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
- John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, "This was He of whom I
said, 'He who comes after me is preferred before me, for He was before me.' "
- And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace.
- For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through
- No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the
bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.
- Now this is the testimony of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites
from Jerusalem to ask him, "Who are you?"
- He confessed, and did not deny, but confessed, "I am not the Christ."
- And they asked him, "What then? Are you Elijah?" He said, "I am not." "Are
you the Prophet?" And he answered, "No."
- Then they said to him, "Who are you, that we may give an answer to those
who sent us? What do you say about yourself?"
- He said: "I am 'The voice of one crying in the wilderness: "Make straight
the way of the LORD," ' as the prophet Isaiah said."
- Now those who were sent were from the Pharisees.
- And they asked him, saying, "Why then do you baptize if you are not the
Christ, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?"
- John answered them, saying, "I baptize with water, but there stands One
among you whom you do not know.
- It is He who, coming after me, is preferred before me, whose sandal strap
I am not worthy to loose."
- These things were done in Bethabara beyond the Jordan, where John was
- The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold! The Lamb
of God who takes away the sin of the world!
- This is He of whom I said, 'After me comes a Man who is preferred before
me, for He was before me.'
- I did not know Him; but that He should be revealed to Israel, therefore I
came baptizing with water."
- And John bore witness, saying, "I saw the Spirit descending from heaven
like a dove, and He remained upon Him.
- I did not know Him, but He who sent me to baptize with water said to me,
'Upon whom you see the Spirit descending, and remaining on Him, this is He who
baptizes with the Holy Spirit.'
- And I have seen and testified that this is the Son of God."
- Again, the next day, John stood with two of his disciples.
- And looking at Jesus as He walked, he said, "Behold the Lamb of God!"
- The two disciples heard him speak, and they followed Jesus.
- Then Jesus turned, and seeing them following, said to them, "What do you
seek?" They said to Him, "Rabbi" (which is to say, when translated, Teacher),
"where are You staying?"
- He said to them, "Come and see." They came and saw where He was staying,
and remained with Him that day (now it was about the tenth hour).
- One of the two who heard John speak, and followed Him, was Andrew, Simon
- He first found his own brother Simon, and said to him, "We have found the
Messiah" (which is translated, the Christ).
- And he brought him to Jesus. Now when Jesus looked at him, He said, "You
are Simon the son of Jonah. You shall be called Cephas" (which is translated,
- The following day Jesus wanted to go to Galilee, and He found Philip and
said to him, "Follow Me."
- Now Philip was from Bethsaida, the city of Andrew and Peter.
- Philip found Nathanael and said to him, "We have found Him of whom Moses
in the law, and also the prophets, wrote--Jesus of Nazareth, the son of
- And Nathanael said to him, "Can anything good come out of Nazareth?"
Philip said to him, "Come and see."
- Jesus saw Nathanael coming toward Him, and said of him, "Behold, an
Israelite indeed, in whom is no deceit!"
- Nathanael said to Him, "How do You know me?" Jesus answered and said to
him, "Before Philip called you, when you were under the fig tree, I saw you."
- Nathanael answered and said to Him, "Rabbi, You are the Son of God! You
are the King of Israel!"
- Jesus answered and said to him, "Because I said to you, 'I saw you under
the fig tree,' do you believe? You will see greater things than these."
- And He said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, hereafter you shall see
heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of
Back to BRI homepage
Back to TIM Audio