The Holy Bible - The New King James Version - John
Sorry - Audio recording/editing still in progress.
Please be patient
while we catch up with you.
- "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the
door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
- But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
- To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls
his own sheep by name and leads them out.
- And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep
follow him, for they know his voice.
- Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for
they do not know the voice of strangers."
- Jesus used this illustration, but they did not understand the things which
He spoke to them.
- Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the
door of the sheep.
- All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not
- I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in
and out and find pasture.
- The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I
have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
- I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.
- But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the
sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf
catches the sheep and scatters them.
- The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the
- I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own.
- As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life
for the sheep.
- And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring,
and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.
- Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take
- No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay
it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from
- Therefore there was a division again among the Jews because of these
- And many of them said, "He has a demon and is mad. Why do you listen to
- Others said, "These are not the words of one who has a demon. Can a demon
open the eyes of the blind?"
- Now it was the Feast of Dedication in Jerusalem, and it was winter.
- And Jesus walked in the temple, in Solomon's porch.
- Then the Jews surrounded Him and said to Him, "How long do You keep us in
doubt? If You are the Christ, tell us plainly."
- Jesus answered them, "I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I
do in My Father's name, they bear witness of Me.
- But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you.
- My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
- And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall
anyone snatch them out of My hand.
- My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is
able to snatch them out of My Father's hand.
- I and My Father are one."
- Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him.
- Jesus answered them, "Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For
which of those works do you stone Me?"
- The Jews answered Him, saying, "For a good work we do not stone You, but
for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God."
- Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your law, 'I said, "You are
- If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture
cannot be broken),
- Do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, 'You
are blaspheming,' because I said, 'I am the Son of God'?
- If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me;
- But if I do, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may
know and believe that the Father is in Me, and I in Him."
- Therefore they sought again to seize Him, but He escaped out of their
- And He went away again beyond the Jordan to the place where John was
baptizing at first, and there He stayed.
- Then many came to Him and said, "John performed no sign, but all the
things that John spoke about this Man were true."
- And many believed in Him there.
Back to BRI homepage
Back to TIM Audio