The Holy Bible - The New King James Version - John
Sorry - Audio recording/editing still in progress.
Please be patient
while we catch up with you.
- Now before the feast of the Passover, when Jesus knew that His hour had
come that He should depart from this world to the Father, having loved His own
who were in the world, He loved them to the end.
- And supper being ended, the devil having already put it into the heart of
Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, to betray Him,
- Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into His hands, and
that He had come from God and was going to God,
- Rose from supper and laid aside His garments, took a towel and girded
- After that, He poured water into a basin and began to wash the disciples'
feet, and to wipe them with the towel with which He was girded.
- Then He came to Simon Peter. And Peter said to Him, "Lord, are You washing
- Jesus answered and said to him, "What I am doing you do not understand
now, but you will know after this."
- Peter said to Him, "You shall never wash my feet!" Jesus answered him, "If
I do not wash you, you have no part with Me."
- Simon Peter said to Him, "Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my
- Jesus said to him, "He who is bathed needs only to wash his feet, but is
completely clean; and you are clean, but not all of you."
- For He knew who would betray Him; therefore He said, "You are not all
- So when He had washed their feet, taken His garments, and sat down again,
He said to them, "Do you know what I have done to you?
- You call me Teacher and Lord, and you say well, for so I am.
- If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to
wash one another's feet.
- For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you.
- Most assuredly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master;
nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him.
- If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them.
- I do not speak concerning all of you. I know whom I have chosen; but that
the Scripture may be fulfilled, 'He who eats bread with Me has lifted up his
heel against Me.'
- Now I tell you before it comes, that when it does come to pass, you may
believe that I am He.
- Most assuredly, I say to you, he who receives whomever I send receives Me;
and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me."
- When Jesus had said these things, He was troubled in spirit, and testified
and said, "Most assuredly, I say to you, one of you will betray Me."
- Then the disciples looked at one another, perplexed about whom He spoke.
- Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of His disciples, whom Jesus
- Simon Peter therefore motioned to him to ask who it was of whom He spoke.
- Then, leaning back on Jesus' breast, he said to Him, "Lord, who is it?"
- Jesus answered, "It is he to whom I shall give a piece of bread when I
have dipped it." And having dipped the bread, He gave it to Judas Iscariot,
the son of Simon.
- Now after the piece of bread, Satan entered him. Then Jesus said to him,
"What you do, do quickly."
- But no one at the table knew for what reason He said this to him.
- For some thought, because Judas had the money box, that Jesus had said to
him, "Buy those things we need for the feast," or that he should give
something to the poor.
- Having received the piece of bread, he then went out immediately. And it
- So, when he had gone out, Jesus said, "Now the Son of Man is glorified,
and God is glorified in Him.
- If God is glorified in Him, God will also glorify Him in Himself, and
glorify Him immediately.
- Little children, I shall be with you a little while longer. You will seek
Me; and as I said to the Jews, 'Where I am going, you cannot come,' so now I
say to you.
- A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have
loved you, that you also love one another.
- By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one
- Simon Peter said to Him, "Lord, where are You going?" Jesus answered him,
"Where I am going you cannot follow Me now, but you shall follow Me
- Peter said to Him, "Lord, why can I not follow You now? I will lay down my
life for Your sake."
- Jesus answered him, "Will you lay down your life for My sake? Most
assuredly, I say to you, the rooster shall not crow till you have denied Me
Back to BRI homepage
Back to TIM Audio