The Holy Bible - The New King James Version - John
Sorry - Audio recording/editing still in progress.
Please be patient
while we catch up with you.
- "These things I have spoken to you, that you should not be made to
- They will put you out of the synagogues; yes, the time is coming that
whoever kills you will think that he offers God service.
- And these things they will do to you because they have not known the
Father nor Me.
- But these things I have told you, that when the time comes, you may
remember that I told you of them. And these things I did not say to you at the
beginning, because I was with you.
- "But now I go away to Him who sent Me, and none of you asks Me, 'Where are
- But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart.
- Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away;
for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I
will send Him to you.
- And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of
righteousness, and of judgment:
- Of sin, because they do not believe in Me;
- Of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more;
- Of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.
- I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.
- However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into
all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears
He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
- He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to
- All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will
take of Mine and declare it to you.
- "A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and
you will see Me, because I go to the Father."
- Then some of His disciples said among themselves, "What is this that He
says to us, 'A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little
while, and you will see Me'; and, 'because I go to the Father'?"
- They said therefore, "What is this that He says, 'A little while'? We do
not know what He is saying."
- Now Jesus knew that they desired to ask Him, and He said to them, "Are you
inquiring among yourselves about what I said, 'A little while, and you will
not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me'?
- Most assuredly, I say to you that you will weep and lament, but the world
will rejoice; and you will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will be turned into
- A woman, when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has come; but
as soon as she has given birth to the child, she no longer remembers the
anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.
- Therefore you now have sorrow; but I will see you again and your heart
will rejoice, and your joy no one will take from you.
- And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you,
whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you.
- Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive,
that your joy may be full.
- "These things I have spoken to you in figurative language; but the time is
coming when I will no longer speak to you in figurative language, but I will
tell you plainly about the Father.
- In that day you will ask in My name, and I do not say to you that I shall
pray the Father for you;
- For the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me, and have
believed that I came forth from God.
- I came forth from the Father and have come into the world. Again, I leave
the world and go to the Father."
- His disciples said to Him, "See, now You are speaking plainly, and using
no figure of speech!
- Now we are sure that You know all things, and have no need that anyone
should question You. By this we believe that You came forth from God."
- Jesus answered them, "Do you now believe?
- Indeed the hour is coming, yes, has now come, that you will be scattered,
each to his own, and will leave Me alone. And yet I am not alone, because the
Father is with Me.
- These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the
world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the
Back to BRI homepage
Back to TIM Audio