The Holy Bible - The New King James Version - John
Sorry - Audio recording/editing still in progress.
Please be patient
while we catch up with you.
- On the third day there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of
Jesus was there.
- Now both Jesus and His disciples were invited to the wedding.
- And when they ran out of wine, the mother of Jesus said to Him, "They have
- Jesus said to her, "Woman, what does your concern have to do with Me? My
hour has not yet come."
- His mother said to the servants, "Whatever He says to you, do it."
- Now there were set there six waterpots of stone, according to the manner
of purification of the Jews, containing twenty or thirty gallons apiece.
- Jesus said to them, "Fill the waterpots with water." And they filled them
up to the brim.
- And He said to them, "Draw some out now, and take it to the master of the
feast." And they took it.
- When the master of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and
did not know where it came from (but the servants who had drawn the water
knew), the master of the feast called the bridegroom.
- And he said to him, "Every man at the beginning sets out the good wine,
and when the guests have well drunk, then the inferior. You have kept the good
wine until now!"
- This beginning of signs Jesus did in Cana of Galilee, and manifested His
glory; and His disciples believed in Him.
- After this He went down to Capernaum, He, His mother, His brothers, and
His disciples; and they did not stay there many days.
- Now the Passover of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
- And He found in the temple those who sold oxen and sheep and doves, and
the moneychangers doing business.
- When He had made a whip of cords, He drove them all out of the temple,
with the sheep and the oxen, and poured out the changers' money and overturned
- And He said to those who sold doves, "Take these things away! Do not make
My Father's house a house of merchandise!"
- Then His disciples remembered that it was written, "Zeal for Your house
has eaten Me up."
- So the Jews answered and said to Him, "What sign do You show to us, since
You do these things?"
- Jesus answered and said to them, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I
will raise it up."
- Then the Jews said, "It has taken forty-six years to build this temple,
and will You raise it up in three days?"
- But He was speaking of the temple of His body.
- Therefore, when He had risen from the dead, His disciples remembered that
He had said this to them; and they believed the Scripture and the word which
Jesus had said.
- Now when He was in Jerusalem at the Passover, during the feast, many
believed in His name when they saw the signs which He did.
- But Jesus did not commit Himself to them, because He knew all men,
- And had no need that anyone should testify of man, for He knew what was in
Back to BRI homepage
Back to TIM Audio