The Holy Bible - The New King James Version - John
Sorry - Audio recording/editing still in progress.
Please be patient
while we catch up with you.
- There was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews.
- This man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, "Rabbi, we know that You
are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless
God is with him."
- Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one
is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
- Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter
a second time into his mother's womb and be born?"
- Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water
and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
- That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the
Spirit is spirit.
- Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'
- The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot
tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the
- Nicodemus answered and said to Him, "How can these things be?"
- Jesus answered and said to him, "Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not
know these things?
- Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We
have seen, and you do not receive Our witness.
- If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you
believe if I tell you heavenly things?
- No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is,
the Son of Man who is in heaven.
- And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son
of Man be lifted up,
- That whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.
- For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that
whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
- For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that
the world through Him might be saved.
- He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is
condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only
begotten Son of God.
- And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and
men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
- For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the
light, lest his deeds should be exposed.
- But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be
clearly seen, that they have been done in God."
- After these things Jesus and His disciples came into the land of Judea,
and there He remained with them and baptized.
- Now John also was baptizing in Aenon near Salim, because there was much
water there. And they came and were baptized.
- For John had not yet been thrown into prison.
- Then there arose a dispute between some of John's disciples and the Jews
- And they came to John and said to him, "Rabbi, He who was with you beyond
the Jordan, to whom you have testified--behold, He is baptizing, and all are
coming to Him!"
- John answered and said, "A man can receive nothing unless it has been
given to him from heaven.
- You yourselves bear me witness, that I said, 'I am not the Christ,' but,
'I have been sent before Him.'
- He who has the bride is the bridegroom; but the friend of the bridegroom,
who stands and hears him, rejoices greatly because of the bridegroom's voice.
Therefore this joy of mine is fulfilled.
- He must increase, but I must decrease.
- He who comes from above is above all; he who is of the earth is earthly
and speaks of the earth. He who comes from heaven is above all.
- And what He has seen and heard, that He testifies; and no one receives His
- He who has received His testimony has certified that God is true.
- For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give
the Spirit by measure.
- The Father loves the Son, and has given all things into His hand.
- He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not
believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."
Back to BRI homepage
Back to TIM Audio