The Holy Bible - The New King James Version - John
Sorry - Audio recording/editing still in progress.
Please be patient
while we catch up with you.
- But Jesus went to the Mount of Olives.
- Now early in the morning He came again into the temple, and all the people
came to Him; and He sat down and taught them.
- Then the scribes and Pharisees brought to Him a woman caught in adultery.
And when they had set her in the midst,
- They said to Him, "Teacher, this woman was caught in adultery, in the very
- Now Moses, in the law, commanded us that such should be stoned. But what
do You say?"
- This they said, testing Him, that they might have something of which to
accuse Him. But Jesus stooped down and wrote on the ground with His finger, as
though He did not hear.
- So when they continued asking Him, He raised Himself up and said to them,
"He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first."
- And again He stooped down and wrote on the ground.
- Then those who heard it, being convicted by their conscience, went out one
by one, beginning with the oldest even to the last. And Jesus was left alone,
and the woman standing in the midst.
- When Jesus had raised Himself up and saw no one but the woman, He said to
her, "Woman, where are those accusers of yours? Has no one condemned you?"
- She said, "No one, Lord." And Jesus said to her, "Neither do I condemn
you; go and sin no more."
- Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. He
who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."
- The Pharisees therefore said to Him, "You bear witness of Yourself; Your
witness is not true."
- Jesus answered and said to them, "Even if I bear witness of Myself, My
witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do
not know where I come from and where I am going.
- You judge according to the flesh; I judge no one.
- And yet if I do judge, My judgment is true; for I am not alone, but I am
with the Father who sent Me.
- It is also written in your law that the testimony of two men is true.
- I am One who bears witness of Myself, and the Father who sent Me bears
witness of Me."
- Then they said to Him, "Where is Your Father?" Jesus answered, "You know
neither Me nor My Father. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father
- These words Jesus spoke in the treasury, as He taught in the temple; and
no one laid hands on Him, for His hour had not yet come.
- Then Jesus said to them again, "I am going away, and you will seek Me, and
will die in your sin. Where I go you cannot come."
- So the Jews said, "Will He kill Himself, because He says, 'Where I go you
- And He said to them, "You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of
this world; I am not of this world.
- Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not
believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."
- Then they said to Him, "Who are You?" And Jesus said to them, "Just what I
have been saying to you from the beginning.
- I have many things to say and to judge concerning you, but He who sent Me
is true; and I speak to the world those things which I heard from Him."
- They did not understand that He spoke to them of the Father.
- Then Jesus said to them, "When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will
know that I am He, and that I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father taught
Me, I speak these things.
- And He who sent Me is with Me. The Father has not left Me alone, for I
always do those things that please Him."
- As He spoke these words, many believed in Him.
- Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, "If you abide in My word,
you are My disciples indeed.
- And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
- They answered Him, "We are Abraham's descendants, and have never been in
bondage to anyone. How can you say, 'You will be made free'?"
- Jesus answered them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is
a slave of sin.
- And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever.
- Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.
- "I know that you are Abraham's descendants, but you seek to kill Me,
because My word has no place in you.
- I speak what I have seen with My Father, and you do what you have seen
with your father."
- They answered and said to Him, "Abraham is our father." Jesus said to
them, "If you were Abraham's children, you would do the works of Abraham.
- But now you seek to kill Me, a Man who has told you the truth which I
heard from God. Abraham did not do this.
- You do the deeds of your father." Then they said to Him, "We were not born
of fornication; we have one Father--God."
- Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I
proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me.
- Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to
- You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want
to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth,
because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own
resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.
- But because I tell the truth, you do not believe Me.
- Which of you convicts Me of sin? And if I tell the truth, why do you not
- He who is of God hears God's words; therefore you do not hear, because you
are not of God."
- Then the Jews answered and said to Him, "Do we not say rightly that You
are a Samaritan and have a demon?"
- Jesus answered, "I do not have a demon; but I honor My Father, and you
- And I do not seek My own glory; there is One who seeks and judges.
- Most assuredly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he shall never see
- Then the Jews said to Him, "Now we know that You have a demon! Abraham is
dead, and the prophets; and You say, 'If anyone keeps My word he shall never
- Are You greater than our father Abraham, who is dead? And the prophets are
dead. Whom do You make Yourself out to be?"
- Jesus answered, "If I honor Myself, My honor is nothing. It is My Father
who honors Me, of whom you say that He is your God.
- Yet you have not known Him, but I know Him. And if I say, 'I do not know
Him,' I shall be a liar like you; but I do know Him and keep His word.
- Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad."
- Then the Jews said to Him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have You
- Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I
- Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went
out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.
Back to BRI homepage
Back to TIM Audio