The Holy Bible - The New King James Version - Luke
Sorry - Audio recording/editing still in progress.
Please be patient
while we catch up with you.
- And He looked up and saw the rich putting their gifts into the treasury,
- And He saw also a certain poor widow putting in two mites.
- So He said, "Truly I say to you that this poor widow has put in more than
- For all these out of their abundance have put in offerings for God, but
she out of her poverty put in all the livelihood that she had."
- Then, as some spoke of the temple, how it was adorned with beautiful
stones and donations, He said,
- "These things which you see--the days will come in which not one stone
shall be left upon another that shall not be thrown down."
- So they asked Him, saying, "Teacher, but when will these things be? And
what sign will there be when these things are about to take place?"
- And He said: "Take heed that you not be deceived. For many will come in My
name, saying, 'I am He,' and, 'The time has drawn near.' Therefore do not go
- But when you hear of wars and commotions, do not be terrified; for these
things must come to pass first, but the end will not come immediately."
- Then He said to them, "Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom
- And there will be great earthquakes in various places, and famines and
pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and great signs from heaven.
- But before all these things, they will lay their hands on you and
persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues and prisons. You will be
brought before kings and rulers for My name's sake.
- But it will turn out for you as an occasion for testimony.
- Therefore settle it in your hearts not to meditate beforehand on what you
- For I will give you a mouth and wisdom which all your adversaries will not
be able to contradict or resist.
- You will be betrayed even by parents and brothers, relatives and friends;
and they will put some of you to death.
- And you will be hated by all for My name's sake.
- But not a hair of your head shall be lost.
- By your patience possess your souls.
- "But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its
desolation is near.
- Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those who are
in the midst of her depart, and let not those who are in the country enter
- For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may
- But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in
those days! For there will be great distress in the land and wrath upon this
- And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into
all nations. And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the
Gentiles are fulfilled.
- "And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on
the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring;
- Men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things
which are coming on the earth, for the powers of heaven will be shaken.
- Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great
- Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads,
because your redemption draws near."
- Then He spoke to them a parable: "Look at the fig tree, and all the trees.
- When they are already budding, you see and know for yourselves that summer
is now near.
- So you also, when you see these things happening, know that the kingdom of
God is near.
- Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till
all things take place.
- Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.
- "But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with
carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you
- For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the
- Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape
all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man."
- And in the daytime He was teaching in the temple, but at night He went out
and stayed on the mountain called Olivet.
- Then early in the morning all the people came to Him in the temple to hear
Back to BRI homepage
Back to TIM Audio