The Holy Bible - The New King James Version - Luke
Sorry - Audio recording/editing still in progress.
Please be patient
while we catch up with you.
- Now the Feast of Unleavened Bread drew near, which is called Passover.
- And the chief priests and the scribes sought how they might kill Him, for
they feared the people.
- Then Satan entered Judas, surnamed Iscariot, who was numbered among the
- So he went his way and conferred with the chief priests and captains, how
he might betray Him to them.
- And they were glad, and agreed to give him money.
- So he promised and sought opportunity to betray Him to them in the absence
of the multitude.
- Then came the Day of Unleavened Bread, when the Passover must be killed.
- And He sent Peter and John, saying, "Go and prepare the Passover for us,
that we may eat."
- So they said to Him, "Where do You want us to prepare?"
- And He said to them, "Behold, when you have entered the city, a man will
meet you carrying a pitcher of water; follow him into the house which he
- Then you shall say to the master of the house, 'The Teacher says to you,
"Where is the guest room where I may eat the Passover with My disciples?" '
- Then he will show you a large, furnished upper room; there make ready."
- So they went and found it just as He had said to them, and they prepared
- When the hour had come, He sat down, and the twelve apostles with Him.
- Then He said to them, "With fervent desire I have desired to eat this
Passover with you before I suffer;
- For I say to you, I will no longer eat of it until it is fulfilled in the
kingdom of God."
- Then He took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, "Take this and divide it
- For I say to you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine until the
kingdom of God comes."
- And He took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying,
"This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me."
- Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new
covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.
- But behold, the hand of My betrayer is with Me on the table.
- And truly the Son of Man goes as it has been determined, but woe to that
man by whom He is betrayed!"
- Then they began to question among themselves, which of them it was who
would do this thing.
- Now there was also a dispute among them, as to which of them should be
considered the greatest.
- And He said to them, "The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over
them, and those who exercise authority over them are called 'benefactors.'
- But not so among you; on the contrary, he who is greatest among you, let
him be as the younger, and he who governs as he who serves.
- For who is greater, he who sits at the table, or he who serves? Is it not
he who sits at the table? Yet I am among you as the One who serves.
- But you are those who have continued with Me in My trials.
- And I bestow upon you a kingdom, just as My Father bestowed one upon Me,
- That you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom, and sit on thrones
judging the twelve tribes of Israel."
- And the Lord said, "Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he
may sift you as wheat.
- But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you
have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren."
- But he said to Him, "Lord, I am ready to go with You, both to prison and
- Then He said, "I tell you, Peter, the rooster shall not crow this day
before you will deny three times that you know Me."
- And He said to them, "When I sent you without money bag, knapsack, and
sandals, did you lack anything?" So they said, "Nothing."
- Then He said to them, "But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it,
and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and
- For I say to you that this which is written must still be accomplished in
Me: 'And He was numbered with the transgressors.' For the things concerning Me
have an end."
- So they said, "Lord, look, here are two swords." And He said to them, "It
- Coming out, He went to the Mount of Olives, as He was accustomed, and His
disciples also followed Him.
- When He came to the place, He said to them, "Pray that you may not enter
- And He was withdrawn from them about a stone's throw, and He knelt down
- Saying, "Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me;
nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done."
- Then an angel appeared to Him from heaven, strengthening Him.
- And being in agony, He prayed more earnestly. Then His sweat became like
great drops of blood falling down to the ground.
- When He rose up from prayer, and had come to His disciples, He found them
sleeping from sorrow.
- Then He said to them, "Why do you sleep? Rise and pray, lest you enter
- And while He was still speaking, behold, a multitude; and he who was
called Judas, one of the twelve, went before them and drew near to Jesus to
- But Jesus said to him, "Judas, are you betraying the Son of Man with a
- When those around Him saw what was going to happen, they said to Him,
"Lord, shall we strike with the sword?"
- And one of them struck the servant of the high priest and cut off his
- But Jesus answered and said, "Permit even this." And He touched his ear
and healed him.
- Then Jesus said to the chief priests, captains of the temple, and the
elders who had come to Him, "Have you come out, as against a robber, with
swords and clubs?
- When I was with you daily in the temple, you did not try to seize Me. But
this is your hour, and the power of darkness."
- Having arrested Him, they led Him and brought Him into the high priest's
house. But Peter followed at a distance.
- Now when they had kindled a fire in the midst of the courtyard and sat
down together, Peter sat among them.
- And a certain servant girl, seeing him as he sat by the fire, looked
intently at him and said, "This man was also with Him."
- But he denied Him, saying, "Woman, I do not know Him."
- And after a little while another saw him and said, "You also are of them."
But Peter said, "Man, I am not!"
- Then after about an hour had passed, another confidently affirmed, saying,
"Surely this fellow also was with Him, for he is a Galilean."
- But Peter said, "Man, I do not know what you are saying!" Immediately,
while he was still speaking, the rooster crowed.
- And the Lord turned and looked at Peter. And Peter remembered the word of
the Lord, how He had said to him, "Before the rooster crows, you will deny Me
- So Peter went out and wept bitterly.
- Now the men who held Jesus mocked Him and beat Him.
- And having blindfolded Him, they struck Him on the face and asked Him,
saying, "Prophesy! Who is the one who struck You?"
- And many other things they blasphemously spoke against Him.
- As soon as it was day, the elders of the people, both chief priests and
scribes, came together and led Him into their council, saying,
- "If You are the Christ, tell us." But He said to them, "If I tell you, you
will by no means believe.
- And if I also ask you, you will by no means answer Me or let Me go.
- Hereafter the Son of Man will sit on the right hand of the power of God."
- Then they all said, "Are You then the Son of God?" So He said to them,
"You rightly say that I am."
- And they said, "What further testimony do we need? For we have heard it
ourselves from His own mouth."
Back to BRI homepage
Back to TIM Audio