The Holy Bible - The New King James Version - Mark
- Then as He went out of the temple, one of His disciples said to Him,
"Teacher, see what manner of stones and what buildings are here!"
- And Jesus answered and said to him, "Do you see these great buildings? Not
one stone shall be left upon another, that shall not be thrown down."
- Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives opposite the temple, Peter, James,
John, and Andrew asked Him privately,
- "Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign when all
these things will be fulfilled?"
- And Jesus, answering them, began to say: "Take heed that no one deceives
- For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am He,' and will deceive many.
- But when you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be troubled; for such
things must happen, but the end is not yet.
- For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And
there will be earthquakes in various places, and there will be famines and
troubles. These are the beginnings of sorrows.
- But watch out for yourselves, for they will deliver you up to councils,
and you will be beaten in the synagogues. You will be brought before rulers
and kings for My sake, for a testimony to them.
- And the gospel must first be preached to all the nations.
- But when they arrest you and deliver you up, do not worry beforehand, or
premeditate what you will speak. But whatever is given you in that hour, speak
that; for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit.
- Now brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; and
children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death.
- And you will be hated by all for My name's sake. But he who endures to the
end shall be saved.
- "So when you see the 'abomination of desolation,' spoken of by Daniel the
prophet, standing where it ought not" (let the reader understand), "then let
those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.
- Let him who is on the housetop not go down into the house, nor enter to
take anything out of his house.
- And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes.
- But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in
- And pray that your flight may not be in winter.
- For in those days there will be tribulation, such as has not been since
the beginning of the creation which God created until this time, nor ever
- And unless the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh would be saved; but
for the elect's sake, whom He chose, He shortened the days.
- Then if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'Look, He is
there!' do not believe it.
- For false christs and false prophets will rise and show signs and wonders
to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
- But take heed; see, I have told you all things beforehand.
- "But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun will be darkened, and
the moon will not give its light;
- The stars of heaven will fall, and the powers in the heavens will be
- Then they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power
- And then He will send His angels, and gather together His elect from the
four winds, from the farthest part of earth to the farthest part of heaven.
- "Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already
become tender, and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near.
- So you also, when you see these things happening, know that it is near--at
- Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till
all these things take place.
- Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.
- "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor
the Son, but only the Father.
- Take heed, watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is.
- It is like a man going to a far country, who left his house and gave
authority to his servants, and to each his work, and commanded the doorkeeper
- Watch therefore, for you do not know when the master of the house is
coming--in the evening, at midnight, at the crowing of the rooster, or in the
- Lest, coming suddenly, he find you sleeping.
- And what I say to you, I say to all: Watch!"
Back to BRI homepage
Back to TIM Audio