The Holy Bible - The New King James Version - Mark
- And again He entered Capernaum after some days, and it was heard that He
was in the house.
- Immediately many gathered together, so that there was no longer room to
receive them, not even near the door. And He preached the word to them.
- Then they came to Him, bringing a paralytic who was carried by four men.
- And when they could not come near Him because of the crowd, they uncovered
the roof where He was. So when they had broken through, they let down the bed
on which the paralytic was lying.
- When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, "Son, your sins are
- And some of the scribes were sitting there and reasoning in their hearts,
- "Why does this Man speak blasphemies like this? Who can forgive sins but
- But immediately, when Jesus perceived in His spirit that they reasoned
thus within themselves, He said to them, "Why do you reason about these things
in your hearts?
- Which is easier, to say to the paralytic, 'Your sins are forgiven you,' or
to say, 'Arise, take up your bed and walk'?
- But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive
sins"--He said to the paralytic,
- I say to you, arise, take up your bed, and go to your house."
- Immediately he arose, took up the bed, and went out in the presence of
them all, so that all were amazed and glorified God, saying, "We never saw
anything like this!"
- Then He went out again by the sea; and all the multitude came to Him, and
He taught them.
- As He passed by, He saw Levi the son of Alphaeus sitting at the tax
office. And He said to him, "Follow Me." So he arose and followed Him.
- Now it happened, as He was dining in Levi's house, that many tax
collectors and sinners also sat together with Jesus and His disciples; for
there were many, and they followed Him.
- And when the scribes and Pharisees saw Him eating with the tax collectors
and sinners, they said to His disciples, "How is it that He eats and drinks
with tax collectors and sinners?"
- When Jesus heard it, He said to them, "Those who are well have no need of
a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but
sinners, to repentance."
- The disciples of John and of the Pharisees were fasting. Then they came
and said to Him, "Why do the disciples of John and of the Pharisees fast, but
Your disciples do not fast?"
- And Jesus said to them, "Can the friends of the bridegroom fast while the
bridegroom is with them? As long as they have the bridegroom with them they
- But the days will come when the bridegroom will be taken away from them,
and then they will fast in those days.
- No one sews a piece of unshrunk cloth on an old garment; or else the new
piece pulls away from the old, and the tear is made worse.
- And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; or else the new wine bursts
the wineskins, the wine is spilled, and the wineskins are ruined. But new wine
must be put into new wineskins."
- Now it happened that He went through the grainfields on the Sabbath; and
as they went His disciples began to pluck the heads of grain.
- And the Pharisees said to Him, "Look, why do they do what is not lawful on
- But He said to them, "Have you never read what David did when he was in
need and hungry, he and those with him:
- How he went into the house of God in the days of Abiathar the high priest,
and ate the showbread, which is not lawful to eat, except for the priests, and
also gave some to those who were with him?"
- And He said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the
- Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath."
Back to BRI homepage
Back to TIM Audio