The Holy Bible - The New King James Version - Mark
- And He entered the synagogue again, and a man was there who had a withered
- So they watched Him closely, whether He would heal him on the Sabbath, so
that they might accuse Him.
- And He said to the man who had the withered hand, "Step forward."
- Then He said to them, "Is it lawful on the Sabbath to do good or to do
evil, to save life or to kill?" But they kept silent.
- And when He had looked around at them with anger, being grieved by the
hardness of their hearts, He said to the man, "Stretch out your hand." And he
stretched it out, and his hand was restored as whole as the other.
- Then the Pharisees went out and immediately plotted with the Herodians
against Him, how they might destroy Him.
- But Jesus withdrew with His disciples to the sea. And a great multitude
from Galilee followed Him, and from Judea
- And Jerusalem and Idumea and beyond the Jordan; and those from Tyre and
Sidon, a great multitude, when they heard how many things He was doing, came
- So He told His disciples that a small boat should be kept ready for Him
because of the multitude, lest they should crush Him.
- For He healed many, so that as many as had afflictions pressed about Him
to touch Him.
- And the unclean spirits, whenever they saw Him, fell down before Him and
cried out, saying, "You are the Son of God."
- But He sternly warned them that they should not make Him known.
- And He went up on the mountain and called to Him those He Himself wanted.
And they came to Him.
- Then He appointed twelve, that they might be with Him and that He might
send them out to preach,
- And to have power to heal sicknesses and to cast out demons:
- Simon, to whom He gave the name Peter;
- James the son of Zebedee and John the brother of James, to whom He gave
the name Boanerges, that is, "Sons of Thunder";
- Andrew, Philip, Bartholomew, Matthew, Thomas, James the son of Alphaeus,
Thaddaeus, Simon the Cananite;
- And Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed Him. And they went into a house.
- Then the multitude came together again, so that they could not so much as
- But when His own people heard about this, they went out to lay hold of
Him, for they said, "He is out of His mind."
- And the scribes who came down from Jerusalem said, "He has Beelzebub,"
and, "By the ruler of the demons He casts out demons."
- So He called them to Himself and said to them in parables: "How can Satan
cast out Satan?
- If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.
- And if a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand.
- And if Satan has risen up against himself, and is divided, he cannot
stand, but has an end.
- No one can enter a strong man's house and plunder his goods, unless he
first binds the strong man. And then he will plunder his house.
- "Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and
whatever blasphemies they may utter;
- But he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but
is subject to eternal condemnation"--
- Because they said, "He has an unclean spirit."
- Then His brothers and His mother came, and standing outside they sent to
Him, calling Him.
- And a multitude was sitting around Him; and they said to Him, "Look, Your
mother and Your brothers are outside seeking You."
- But He answered them, saying, "Who is My mother, or My brothers?"
- And He looked around in a circle at those who sat about Him, and said,
"Here are My mother and My brothers!
- For whoever does the will of God is My brother and My sister and mother."
Back to BRI homepage
Back to TIM Audio