The Holy Bible - The New King James Version -
- Then the Pharisees and Sadducees came, and testing Him asked that He would
show them a sign from heaven.
- He answered and said to them, "When it is evening you say, 'It will be
fair weather, for the sky is red';
- And in the morning, 'It will be foul weather today, for the sky is red and
threatening.' Hypocrites! You know how to discern the face of the sky, but you
cannot discern the signs of the times.
- A wicked and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign shall
be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah." And He left them and
- Now when His disciples had come to the other side, they had forgotten to
- Then Jesus said to them, "Take heed and beware of the leaven of the
Pharisees and the Sadducees."
- And they reasoned among themselves, saying, "It is because we have taken
- But Jesus, being aware of it, said to them, "O you of little faith, why do
you reason among yourselves because you have brought no bread?
- Do you not yet understand, or remember the five loaves of the five
thousand and how many baskets you took up?
- Nor the seven loaves of the four thousand and how many large baskets you
- How is it you do not understand that I did not speak to you concerning
bread?--but to beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees."
- Then they understood that He did not tell them to beware of the leaven of
bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and Sadducees.
- When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His
disciples, saying, "Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?"
- So they said, "Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah
or one of the prophets."
- He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?"
- Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living
- Jesus answered and said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for
flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.
- And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My
church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.
- And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you
bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be
loosed in heaven."
- Then He commanded His disciples that they should tell no one that He was
Jesus the Christ.
- From that time Jesus began to show to His disciples that He must go to
Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and
scribes, and be killed, and be raised the third day.
- Then Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him, saying, "Far be it from
You, Lord; this shall not happen to You!"
- But He turned and said to Peter, "Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense
to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men."
- Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let
him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.
- For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his
life for My sake will find it.
- For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his
own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?
- For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels,
and then He will reward each according to his works.
- Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste
death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom."
Back to BRI homepage
Back to TIM Audio