The Holy Bible - The New King James Version -
- Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by
- And when He had fasted forty days and forty nights, afterward He was
- Now when the tempter came to Him, he said, "If You are the Son of God,
command that these stones become bread."
- But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread
alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.' "
- Then the devil took Him up into the holy city, set Him on the pinnacle of
- And said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down. For it
is written: 'He shall give His angels charge over you,' and, 'In their hands
they shall bear you up, Lest you dash your foot against a stone.' "
- Jesus said to him, "It is written again, 'You shall not tempt the LORD
your God.' "
- Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed
Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.
- And he said to Him, "All these things I will give You if You will fall
down and worship me."
- Then Jesus said to him, "Away with you, Satan! For it is written, 'You
shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve.' "
- Then the devil left Him, and behold, angels came and ministered to Him.
- Now when Jesus heard that John had been put in prison, He departed to
- And leaving Nazareth, He came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is by the sea,
in the regions of Zebulun and Naphtali,
- That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying:
- "The land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, By the way of the sea,
beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles:
- The people who sat in darkness have seen a great light, And upon those who
sat in the region and shadow of death Light has dawned."
- From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, "Repent, for the kingdom
of heaven is at hand."
- And Jesus, walking by the Sea of Galilee, saw two brothers, Simon called
Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea; for they were
- Then He said to them, "Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men."
- They immediately left their nets and followed Him.
- Going on from there, He saw two other brothers, James the son of Zebedee,
and John his brother, in the boat with Zebedee their father, mending their
nets. He called them,
- And immediately they left the boat and their father, and followed Him.
- And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching
the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all kinds of sickness and all kinds of
disease among the people.
- Then His fame went throughout all Syria; and they brought to Him all sick
people who were afflicted with various diseases and torments, and those who
were demon-possessed, epileptics, and paralytics; and He healed them.
- Great multitudes followed Him--from Galilee, and from Decapolis,
Jerusalem, Judea, and beyond the Jordan.
Back to BRI homepage
Back to TIM Audio